With the growing adoption of the Internet of Things (IoT) in the last decades, farming has seen a number of technological transformations.
Smart Monitoring has found its application in precision agriculture and tremendously improves many facets of the farming practice. Including water utilities, health and safety, agro security and process optimization. Here, we will explore just some of the smart monitoring applications and how farmers can utilize IoT sensors.
• Monitor key water quality parameters such as pH levels and corrosion
• Detect water pressure and leaks
• Track volume of water in tanks and reservoirs
• Monitor and curb rodent activities
• Detect fire outbreaks before they escalate
• Track key parameters that influence food safety and cleanliness.
• Detect the theft of movable assets.
• Monitor against unauthorized gate access.
• Track livestock grazing and location.
• Smart tracking of staff attendance.
• Record operation of processing plants and tractors.
• Track inventory level of seeds, fertilizers and other farm inputs.
• Monitor livestock food in the feeding trough.
• Monitor the presence of essential soil nutrients.